MicroVision's new SHOWWX projector is a full-color laser based pico projector with wide image format, wide color range, and wide always in-focus operation. It is easy to plug and play with no set-up required, it's sleek and small (about the size of a personal media player), and projects image of any size starting from six inches and going beyond 100 inches or more! Wide projection angle allows the image to be closer to the user and it has a high 16:9 format resolution. The laser light source produces lifelike vivid colors with exceptional contrast and features a movie-capable battery that lasts about one and a half hours. It also includes a wall charger for longer viewing.
The projectors, which can project photos, movies, TV shows, music videos, YouTube, podcasts, and presentations, will most likely be selling for between $400-500. It connects to any host device with a TV-Out or VGA connection, including many mobile media players, laptops, cell phones and video/digital cameras and also has a stereo jack for ear buds or external speakers.
The projector's output is measured at 10 lumens. While ultimately, a projector's lighting depends heavily upon ambient lighting and distance to projection surface, the SHOWWX projector is perfect for controlled lighting environments such as homes, offices, cafes and the back seat of airplanes.
Here are few more detailed specs:
- Resolution: WVGA (848 x 480)
- Brightness: 10 Lumens
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 Widescreen
- Refresh Rate: 60 Hz (nominal)
- Color Gamut: > 200% NTSC
- Contrast Ratio: > 5,000:1
- Throw Ratio: 1:1(projection distance/image diagonal)
- Image size: 150 mm to 2500 mm (6 in to 100 in)
- Projection Distance: 150 mm to2500 mm (6 in to 100 in)
- Focus: No user focus adjustment needed. Image is always in focus, even on curved surfaces
- Regulatory: Class 2 laser product.1 UL listing planned